We are looking for an experienced Android developer responsible for the development and maintenance of applications aimed at a range of Android devices including mobile phones and tablet computers. Your primary focus will be the development of Android applications and their integration with back-end services. You will be working alongside other engineers and developers working on different layers of the infrastructure. Therefore, a commitment to collaborative problem solving, sophisticated design, and the creation of quality products are essential.
- Build and design advanced native Android applications on the Android platform.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to define and design new features.
- Unit-test code for robustness, including edge cases, usability, and reliability.
- Work on bugs and improve application performances.
- Design, build, deploy, and support large, world-class enterprise-level solutions.
- Work closely with stakeholders (product owners, UX designers, project managers) and other development team members.
- Translate designs and wireframes into high-quality code
- Design, build and maintain high performance, reusable, and reliable Java code
- Ensure the best possible performance, quality, and responsiveness of the application
- Help maintain code quality, organization, and automatization
- Work within an Agile environment.
- Proven work experience of years in software development
- Strong knowledge of Android SDK, different versions of Android, and how to deal with different screen sizes
- Understanding of proven design patterns and architectures
- Knowledge of jitpack.io architecture
- Strong knowledge of Android UI design principles, patterns, and best practices
- Experience with offline storage, threading, and performance tuning
- Ability to design applications around natural user interfaces, such as “touch”
- Familiarity with the use of additional sensors, such as gyroscopes and accelerometers
- Knowledge of the open-source Android ecosystem and the libraries available for common tasks.
- Ability to understand business requirements and translate them into technical requirements.
- Familiarity with cloud message APIs and push notifications.
- A knack for benchmarking and optimization.
- Understanding of Google’s Android design principles and interface guidelines.
- Proficient understanding of code versioning tools, such as Git.
- Familiarity with continuous integration.
- Excellent knowledge in Android Studio, core Java and Kotlin.
- Hands-on experience in the full life cycle of Android application development.
- Strong knowledge for integrating web services, REST APIs, handling JSON/XML to back-end services.
- An eye for good UX & design with best practices.
- Good Knowledge of Android SDK’s.
- Push Notifications & Toast, updating app data/views by push notifications.
- Experience in Gradle handling.
- Experience in managing API level with different libraries.
- Experience with memory management and caching mechanisms specific to mobile devices
- Experience in backend languages such as PHP.
- Experience in encryption methodologies.
- Experience in great coding structures like MVVM and MVPT.
- Candidate must have an android phone.
Please note candidate must have an android phone.
Tag your friends
- Experience Level Mid-Level
- Total Years Experience 2
- No. of Positions 1